I love Heinrik Herzberg! He's almost worth the subscription price alone. But
my favorite is Anthony Lane. His film reviews are hilarious.

I have a friend who doesn't "get" the cartoons. She never laughs at any of
them, even when I explain them to her (actually, especially when I explain
them to her). I guess they appeal to a certain sense of humor. The episode of
Seinfeld where they satirized the New Yorker cartoons was brilliant.