> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <shempmcgurk@>
> > >
> > > [...]
> > > >

> > > Not for the terrorists or whoever was involved in financing
them.

> > Yes, it would have.  Bin Laden is from a family worth at least
$1
> > billion.  Osama financed alot of Al-Quada's operations himself
from
> > the many millions he had.  One can assume he had at least
> rudimentary
> > knowledge of finances and investing and one doesn't have to know
> much
> > to know about put options and what they can do for you.
> >

> Bin Laden himself was worth about $100 million at that point. $28
> percent of his total worth wasn't chicken feed. ALso, we don't
know
> how much money was actually involved --assuming that there was a
> genuine issue to discuss of course.

Well, I think it was Judy that told us that 100s of times more than
usual volume of put options were bought.

If that was the case and the terrorists bought them, well, Spare
Egg, it wouldn't be the piddling $28 million earned but many, many
times more.

You need to educate yourself on how put and call options work...do
you know?