The Bush administration plan that makes most sense to me today, in
retrospect, is that the U.S. military-industrial complex before 9/11
decided that U.S. dependence on foriegn oil (as well as attitudes
found in certain middle east countries) was unacceptable and set out
to change this.

Looking at Iraq today there is a strong case for that the short- or
medium term plan never was to bring democracy to Iraq (or other
Persian Gulf countries) - but to throw the region into general war
(civil and otherwise) and let the mad mullahs there kill off each
other, followed by the U.S. moving in and occupying these countries
and their oil fields.

Germans who remember the Cold War as adults should recognize the
rationale, which, incidentally, worked.

> In a message dated 4/2/06 12:29:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> It's time to tell Iran;
> That they will be wiped off,
> The face of the earth,
> If the mess with the U.S. or Isreal.
>

> You know, we could have left Saddam in power and he could have  kept
Iran in