Since we've been having a debate as of late (okay it's not so much a
debate as it is Judy blowing hot air about a subject she knows
nothing about!) I thought all would be amused about a well-sourced
story I heard about a very well known Ru business that occurred
within the last 10 or 15 years. Rick Archer may well know this story
and can provide better details of it.

The names have been changed only because I forget them.

Fred somebody and that other guy both started those successful long-
distance telephone businesses a while back.  At least one of them
had several hundred employees as I understand it.  They were quite
the going concerns with millions of dollars of capitalization.

In one or both of the companies stock options were offered as a form
of remuneration to employees.  Many employees took advantage of the
options.

Well, the stock rose quite significantly for the company in question
and, of course, all the employees were totally delighted with their
wonderful paper profits.

One employee felt that a higher-up was sexually harassing her and
complained to management.  The higher-up was, as a result, found to
be culpable of the act and was summarily fired.

But upon being fired, the employee had to cash in the stock options
he had.  He made several hundred thousand dollars in profit because
he was forced to sell them.

Anyway, the company soon took a tumble in its fortunes, the stock
took a nosedive and became worthless.  Practically none of the
hundreds of other employees that had stock options were able to cash
them out and they were worthless.

So, ironically, it was only the sexual harasser that was able to
make anything off the stock options!