--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > > MUM may be thinking about moving to Kansas for just this
reason
> > > (starting from scratch in building a SV-compliant community),
> but
> > this
> > > is, as the newspaper notes, a real dry area, and it's unlikely
> they
> > > could get the water to support much of a population, but maybe
> > there
> > > is enough to support a campus and Siddha community of similar
> size
> > > present in Fairfield now (about 1800 total). As far as a big
> > organic
> > > farming operation, the lack of water makes that almost a sure
> non-
> > > starter.
> > >

> > Washington Township has small lakes and you call it dry?
> >

> ******************
>
> From the article:
>
> "The water issue, as far as I know, is the biggest they are up
> against."
>
> Water is relatively scarce in Smith County, and there is concern
> there might not be enough to support the planned World Capital of
> Peace."

Smith County does have a couple lakes, but the streams that feed one
one of them are intermittent, a sign that this an area with water
supply issues:

"Both are intermittent streams, which means they may dry up in
periods of low precipitation."
http://www.lasr.net/pages/lake.php?Lake_ID=KS04lk001

There is also a larger lake 40 miles from the Global Country:

http://www.lasr.net/pages/lake.php?Lake_ID=KS08lk006