> On Apr 5, 2006, at 12:36 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > Just a rumor?  Why, our Vaj just told us Maharishi was
> > a "leading suspect"!
>
> Don't kill the messenger! Actually it was Sri Swami Rama, a
> student of Guru Dev's, who said it. So take it up with his ashes!

The messenger wrote:

"It was actually from a conversation with Sw. Rama that I found out
that Mahesh was one of the leading suspects in the murder of Swami
Brahmananda."

The messenger appears to have chosen some very, shall
we say, interesting wording to convey his message.

"Found out that..." and "found out that there was a rumor
that..." carry very different connotations.

As well, "leading suspect" sounds so very much as if,
you know, law enforcement was involved, having decided
there *had* been a homicide, and having narrowed down
the suspects to Maharishi and a few others.

I mean, somebody who wasn't aware of the rumor and
what its origin was might actually think, from the way
the messenger phrased it, that it was established fact
that Guru Dev had been murdered and that MMY was an
official suspect in the crime.

But perhaps that's the way Swami Rama phrased it, and
perhaps the messenger was so uninformed that he took
it that way, seeing no need to qualify it.

Or perhaps not.