Suzerain
   1. A nation that controls another nation in international affairs
but allows it domestic sovereignty.
   2. A feudal lord to whom fealty was due.

Draw your own conclusions..

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       I only wrote, what had happened.  There is a subtle difference
between the two words.

> jim_flanegin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:42:30 -0000
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Dalai Lama Speaks on Dealing with
Terrorism[Shemp]

>     "Suzerainty" is defined as 'overlordship', very similar in
meaning as sovereignty in this context. So this great journalistic
coup of Mr. Spock's (aka The Dude) is more red herring than anything
else...

> > Chinese invasion of Tibet.?

> > Tibet.  So the Indian Strategists want didn't want to offend
China, sent a Cleverly worded message to the indian Ambasador stating
that he should convey the mesage to China, "India recognises China's
Suzerainity over Tibet."

> message. He made a public announcement that, "India recognises
China's Sovereignty over Tibet.!"