> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, steven klayman <thedoc108@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > The fact is many people in the movement are receiving
> > > deeksha because it gives direct experience of the
> > > Divine, is not a path or a spiritual technique, has no
> > > teachings, no scriptures to read nor is obedience or
> > > loyalty to any gurus needed. It is just pure
> > > experience.
> >
> > And for many of them, pure experience is something
> > that the TM movement only talks about,
>

> ...and I would suggest to those people that if they are craving a
> certain subjective experience, why not go for it?  I mean, hey,
> continue to do your TM twice a day and go for Diksha...TM can only
> improve the experience of it, no?

It sounds to me (from the outside from someone who has never
experienced either) to be much like the Pentacostal experiences. I'm
sure they are very enjoyable for those that have them, but being an
agnostic, I'm always skeptical of their divine origins.

One of the things I like about TM is that while MMY and the TMO
provide a possible interpretation for your eperiences, you aren't
required to believe it to practice TM. That may be the case with the
Deeksha vendors as well, but given that everyone is calling
it "divine experiences" including, IIRC, on the front website,
they're obviously expecting everyone to agree with their
interpretation from the getgo.