>From: "shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The four classes
>Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 22:11:48 -0000
>
>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:

> > Shemp, did you have something strange to eat before you wrote
>this? This is an odd
> > reaction to the Dalai Lama and to a whole tradition that also uses
>the Vedas.  Vedic
> > traditions sound pretty wild, too, to most people - things like
>performing fire cermonies
> > so that that energies coming from planets to your very own
>physiology will be deflected or
> > enhanced.
>

>I don't particularly like any form of voodoo, tibetan or hindi.

I read one of the DLs books and all the way through I was thinking this is
surpisingly shallow and "surface" not the words of somone who has had the
experience of enlightenment. And, lo and behold, at the end he says that one
day he hopes to have a transcendental experience.

I've always prefered reading Buddhism to the movements guff, maybe because I
read it first, but it's an odd scenario to have the man at the top not
really knowing what he's talking about.

I can't comment on the book of the dead but I file all religious writing
under "yet to be proved" the Tibetan wheel of life is a masterpiece however
and wll worth a look