> On Apr 9, 2006, at 7:36 PM, anon_couscous_ff wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Then
> > > Fred will have done his gurus bidding and maybe will
> > > get a video visit from the sterile room.
> >
> > I thought remote darshan could be quite powerful. :)
>
> Yeah but that bastard never calls anymore.

Not to mention that IMO he never had any darshan
to give in the first place.  IMO one of the reasons
for the "sterile room" lifestyle is to keep people
from getting close enough to him to figure that out.

In general, I'd say that the further away a not-
terribly-special spiritual teacher keeps his students,
the more likely they are to put him on a pedestal and
treat him as "special."  Just look at this discussion
group...many of those who are the most fervent True
Believers here and who believe most strongly that they
work with a fully enlightened teacher have *never even
been in the same room* with Maharishi.  Or, for that
matter, have they been in the same room with *any*
teacher who *can* generate something that qualifies
as darshan.  They've never experienced the phenomenon,
PERIOD, but they are convinced that Maharishi can do it.

Go figure.  The things some people will believe if
they tell them to themselves long enough...