--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer

<shempmcgurk@>
> > [...]
> >> His radical body fluctuations reminded me of Bevan Morris.
Bevan
> >> was our informal course leader at St. Moritz and, at the time,
was
> >> no more than 150 lbs.  Several years later he, of course,
ballooned
> >> up to what appeared to be his current weight...300 lbs?
> >>
> >> Of course, the difference between Roth and Bevan is that Roth
lost
> >> all the weight and it stayed off and Bevan hasn't.
> >>

> > I'm working on losing that extra 100+ out of 300 myself. Stress
and
> > unstressing can affect people differently.
> >
> > After my two kids were born (out of wedlock, to different
mothers, 6
> > months apart), I went from 160 to 270 in the space of about 15
years,
> > and ballooned even further to 296 in the last 5.
> >
> > Now down to 284 in a few weeks by cutting out soda. Starting to
walk
> > again (not easy when you are carrying yourself on your back). My
goal
> > is to weigh 200 or less by the end of next year. We will see.
>
> Do you try to walk a little farther every day? Or the same route?
Perhaps
> dedicating about half of your computer time to more walking would
help. Of
> course, who am I to talk? I'm not overweight, but could sure use
more
> exercise.

Can't you configure a computer setup that would allow you to walk on
a treadmill while working on the computer? I have never tried it,
but I believe it's doable, although it would probably have to be a
very slow walking pace, but it's better than sitting for hours.
http://www.squidoo.com/walkingwhileworking