--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <jpgillam@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Is it just me, or does anyone else perceive Passover
> > as an act of terrorism? It commemorates the slaughter
> > of Egyptian children as a means to persuade Pharaoh
> > to make a political decision.
>
> No, but thank you for reminding all the Mad Mullahs out there who
> might be lurking this site.
>
> > Perhaps the only way for the West to stand up to
> > Islamist violence and still preserve the values of the
> > West is to embrace Christ's teaching to turn the other
> > cheek. Otherwise, the terrorists win.
> >

> This has already been tried, by the US since the Iranian
revolution.

So before the Iranian revolution, a CIA fomented coup overthrew the
legitimately elected president of Iran, and installed the Shah,
who's CIA trained secret police SAVAK had a fearsome and well-
deserved reputation among the populace, equaling anything Saddam H.
dished out.

Then after the Iranian revolution, we cozied up to Saddam and gave
him whatever he wanted militarily, including poison gas, to use
against Iran.

Now, the US military is engaged in covert ops within Iran to
destabilize the country. (not the CIA this time-- would've required
that pesky Congressional oversight and approval, something Rummy
figured out a way around...)

Y'know, I just can't for the life of me figure out why they hate our
f'ing guts. Can you?