Comment following:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
> <reavismarek@> wrote:

**SNIP**

> > But, perhaps you would consider commenting on all of Barry's posts
> > in a weekly compendium?
>
> I don't know if this is meant to be serious or sarcastic.
> If you're serious, I have to say I don't think it's at all
> feasible.

**SNIP TO END**

Serious, certainly; sarcasm seems very difficult to transmit
effectively in this type of forum and I'm not much good at it in any
case.  But may I ask why you feel that would be infeasible as opposed
to being just undesirable?

I've no wish to trample on yours or anyone's right to speak (or write)
their mind; FFL is a wonderful expression of that principle; but other
than the lack of immediacy in responding to Barry's posts, and the
satisfaction that might provide, I'm curious if there are any other
reasons why you dismiss the above suggestion out of hand?

To the degree that you are writing your critiques of Barry's posts for
*us*, the FFL community, why would you not consider what many
(some/most/all?) of your readers are asking you to consider --
moderation, that's all.  The same applies to Barry, of course, and to
me it appears that he has made motions in that direction. Perhaps not
 by your estimation, or not sincerely, I can't tell.

But if you wanted to convince FFL that he is not a person to be
trusted, from what I can tell I'd say you had pretty much succeeded.
Although a number of folks have been pretty harsh on you, I can't
think of anyone who hasn't slammed Barry in one way or another.  I
don't have as jaundiced a view of him, and perhaps I'm wrong, but when
you and he are not in each other's face I find you both very readable.