> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Good for him.  I think Chavez is the most interesting
> > national leader on the planet, which is why they'll
> > probably have him killed...
> >

> Good!
>
> Let Chavez sell all his oil to India.

It's a 2 million barrel per MONTH deal. They ship 2 million per DAY
to the USA. At best (worst?) it just shows a desire to get away from
dependence on the USA as the only customer.

> Liberals like Turquoise can cheer all they want.  What it will mean
> in the longterm is that Americans' insatiable thirst for oil will
> require them going to Canada's tar sands and the U.S.'s shale oil
> reserves and tapping these more polluting sources of oil.

Or perhaps coming up with alternatives that don't require this.

> Let's see whether America's world-leading environmental laws hold
up
> when Mommy and Daddy can't find gasoline for their SUVs...

As though the Venuzuela deal will affect the price of oil in the USA
in any significant way...