In a message dated 4/22/06 3:44:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
   The mad Ayatollah was in exile in Iraq.  The moron Shah requested Saddam Hussain to deport Ayatollah and Iraq obliged.
I could have sworn the Ayatollah was exiled in France. Perhaps after spending time in Iraq. And yes I do agree with this time line of the Shah taking off and the Ayatollah landing very quickly after. Seems I also remember Carter would not allow  the Shah to come to the US and stay. There might have been some brief period to seek medical help but he definitely couldn't stay and left for Mexico and than back to Morocco and Egypt as I recall. The Shah had a difficult time getting a country to accept him.