On Apr 23, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Rick Archer wrote:

> on 4/23/06 11:38 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> > Okey-doke.  Who was responsible for not seeing that
> > folks stayed behind for follow-up, do you know?
>
> I don't think there was much follow-up. Maharishi initiated
> thousands with
> an earphone system. I doubt that many of them meditated more than a
> few
> days.
> >
> > I can't remember ever hearing about a Nepal campaign
> > before, it just occurs to me.  When did it take place?
>
> Summer of 1974, maybe Fall. We were in Arosa, Switzerland preparing
> for it.
> Great fun. We made a special videotape that was played all over
> Katmandu,
> Rick Stanley wrote songs for it, in collaboration with Maharishi (I
> played
> jelly cans in lieu of tablas). There was an earphone factory going
> day and
> night in the basement of the Hotel Pratschli, we didn't sleep much
> for days.
> The last night before Maharishi left for Nepal, we were up all
> night. It was
> bright sunlight when we saw him off. One of my best experiences in the
> movement.

I had heard from someone who was there that the headphones thing
didn't work to the satisfaction of those hearing their mantras--and
all the mass initiated had to have their mantras verified "mouth-to-
ear" afterwards. Is that what happpened? I'd also heard that M. vowed
to never do the massive earphone initiation thing again after that
incident. It always sounded to me like good intentions gone awry.