> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <sparaig@>

> <shempmcgurk@>
> > > <snip>

> > > It's not the educational system so much as the media.
> >
> > "The media"?
> >
> > Remember that "the media" includes the internet and, by
definition,
> > this forum.
>
> Well, it does if that's how you define it.  I don't.

Then you are out of touch with the times.

I don't have any poll results or study results to show you but I
suspect that a large portion of the US population gets alot of their
news from the internet.  Speaking for myself, I certainly do.  I
NEVER practically see network news or read newspapers; rather, most
of the news I get is from the internet.

Curious that you, who uses the internet and news sources on the
internet herself, wouldn't include this most important of all
sources in her definition of "the media"...

> I was referring to the mainstream media, TV and print
> (which is what people usually mean by "the media").

> > On an almost daily basis, Judy, when you feel a topic is not
well-
> > informed you never hesitate to provide a link to an article that
> > you believe provides proper information and knowledge on the
> > subject at hand.
> >
> > And you're unhappy with this system?
>
> Deeply.
>
> The main reason Bush is in office today is because
> of the so-called liberal media's War Against Gore
> in 2000 (and to a lesser extent against Kerry in
> 2004).
>
> (You do realize the preface to your question is a
> complete non sequitur, right?)

Judy, at least 25% of all my discussion with you are, according to
you "non sequiturs".