shempmcgurk wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>Here's the Senator Dodd and Senator Dorgan proposal:
>>http://dodd.senate.gov/index.php?q=node/3336
>>

>No, no, Bhairitu.  Don't pawn this off on some newspaper article.
>
>YOU came up with a solution.  YOU tell us what YOU think the
>solution should be.
>
>Get out your pencil and paper and start figuring it out and start
>thinking for yourself...

Why?  These guys are better at it than I.   Right now I'm listening to
Ed Schultz on his show talking about a windfall profits tax and he just
had a sound clip of a Republican talking about implementing one.  There
are certainly pros and cons.  One thing I *will not* except and I
suspect you won't either is some kind of gas rationing like we had back
in the 70's.   I bought a fuel efficient car back in the 70's and felt
penalized because of that BS and the 55 mph speed limit (which I ignored
most of the time).  As I passed people in their big gas guzzling junkers
they would waved their five fingers twice for "55."  We would just smile
and way back or sometime yell at them to get a real car.  :)