--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Comments interleaved below.
>
> --- jim_flanegin wrote:
> > >
> > Ok, if you promise not to turn this into a semantics
discussion...

> Define "semantics."
>
> Just kidding.

Ha-Ha!

> > So, anyway, we do this enough, and the veil between who we are
> > (Self) and who we think we are (self) becomes thinner and
thinner,
> > just because we are continuously tuning ourselves, coordinating
> > ourselves, according to the needs of our Selves
>
> Reminds me of Maharishi's description of attuning
> himself to the desires of Guru Dev.

Exactly the same process, with exactly the same result. Can be done
by anyone, whether Guru Dev is there or not...and maybe he is there
later on. This is why such spiritual experiences occur, due to the
growing coordination between Self and self.

> > The intense need for seeking the Self, is replaced by the
intense
> > joy of rediscovering the Self, over and over again. The purpose
of
> > life is transformed.
> >
> > How's that?
>
> Very good. Thanks.
>
> How does this relate to actually manifesting desires in
> the relative plane of life, if it does? Clients, money, aid...
> that kind of stuff.

All I can say based on my experience is that the more I know about
who I am, the more successful I am about getting what I need. It is
very hard to say about specifics here because each of us is unique,
with a unique set of needs.

Often times, before awakening, we desire something to take care of a
lack we feel within ourselves, which even if achieved would not
satisfy us. If we look into our hearts, we know this. The same thing
can occur once awakened, only the timeframe is so short, we don't
have to go through the desire and the lack and the suffering and the
readjustment. It is felt and attuned on a more subtle level, so the
lesson can be learned in a much faster and subtle way.

So the best thing is to continue to focus the seeking on the Self
and also try to be successful in life. After awakening, the devotion
to the Self or Shiva or whatever you want to call it just gets
stronger anyway, so why stop now?