In a message dated 4/28/06 12:07:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
  By the the way, each year about 10 women tourists get raped in india.

    India has become very unsafe of women tourists.  One of the reasons could be due to a repressed and patriarchial culture in most parts of india.

Ten, is that all? That is actually quite lower than I would think. Actually my comment was about how many people hustle a living in India. Tourists are a prime target. Ever been there? Almost every body you deal with looks at you like you are the bank and I'm gonna get some money! In Rishikesh, I had a Purusha warn me and a friend about a scam in New Delhi in Connaught Circle, where somebody flicks something on your shoe that looks like Bird Sh*t and then another guy runs up to you wanting to clean it off for a few rupees. Sure enough, my friend and I went through this particular place and a guy came running up to me and pointed out what looked like BS on my white shoes and asked to clean it off. I told him to get lost or I would call the police and that I was aware of the scam. This is just one scam . People are always looking for a way to squeeze a few rupees out of each tourist. If it was just an occasional thing it would be laughable, but it is non stop from the time you get off the plane till the time you get on to leave. Condom in the Pepsi bottle just makes me think the scam artists are setting their sites higher these days. Sue the Bastards!