Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Hear Neil Young, Help Stop the War
on 4/29/06 11:28 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 4/29/06 11:17:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
But  actually, yes. I'd rather see billions spend on humanitarian issues than
on  bombing a country to smithereens after we've starved them (sanctions)  for
decades.

Do you think maybe those sanctions should have been lifted once Hans Blix came to the conclusion there were no WMD's in Iraq, assuming Bush had not invaded Iraq?

I think they shouldn’t have been imposed in the first place. But I’m not a politician or a diplomat. I don’t have great certainty about my opinions in these matters. I just don’t feel the US behaves compassionately in many instances. If it it, it would win more respect and appreciation in the world.