shempmcgurk wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>shempmcgurk wrote:
>>

>>>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
>>>

>>>[snip]

>and

>>>lot

>>>practice

>>>[snip]
>>>
>>>Not very impressive from a polluting point of view.
>>>
>>>Perhaps you can get your own house in order before you start
>>>

>blaming

>>>sweet, innocent oil companies:
>>>
>>>http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm
>>>

>>Hah!  The Forester is hardly a polluter nor a gas guzzler.
>>

>Where can you go in a Forrester that you can't go in a Honda Civic,
>you global-warming fossil-fuel burner?

The Forester was considered the best value for it's price and class when
I bought it 1998.  I'm also driven a CRV which is a nice vehicle.   The
Civic is a little small to haul some of my music gear.  I would like to
see a Civic deal with some of the mud I've been able to drive through
with the AWD Forester.

I didn't think you believed in global warming?  Do I need to do a Willy
like search here?   By the laws of thermodynamics any engine will create
heat in its operation thereby contributing to global warming.  It's the
depletion of non-renewable resources that we are discussing here and how
we solve the problem.  Again a  Forester is hardly in the class of a gas
guzzler.

<snip>