> --- In
> FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
> <tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlist@> wrote:
<snip>
> > Throw in the towel and see what can happen. Being a not seeker
> > may be a new and wondeful experience full of freedom. What have
> > you got to lose. You haven't gotten it with all that seeking. Tom
>
> Tom, I understand why you feel this way. (IMO, of course.)
> It's because this approach worked for you. So naturally,
> you think it'll work for everyone. I have no such illusions.
> "Different strokes for different folks" is not just about
> preferences...it's about predilection, a way of saying that
> the approach to enlightenment that allows some people to
> realize it Just Wouldn't Work for other people.
>
> In this case, I would think that the person you are recom-
> mending this approach to really would benefit more from
> the *opposite* approach -- a heavy regimen of focus and
> focused intent. But that's a guess on my part, and it's
> irrelevant in any case because she's firmly locked into
> Waiting Mode, probably for the rest of the incarnation.
> There is not an ice cube's chance in Hell that she's
> ever going to try anything new, ever again in this life
> so any suggestions to the contrary are just wasted breath.

Neither Tom nor Barry has the *foggiest* idea of what
my approach is.  Neither seems to be capable of
conceiving of an approach that is neither "throw in the
towel" nor "Waiting Mode" nor "a heavy regimen of focus
and focused intent."

And of course in his current little rant Barry is
contradicting himself six ways to Sunday.  In earlier
posts he's mocked those who take the "seeker" approach
of *trying* to become enlightened instead of simply
being open to enlightenment; likewise he has dumped
on people for not trusting their own experience.

And here he's advocating that I do both.