--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Sorry to reignite this again but I have a few questions.

>> There are many bodies beyond the orbit of Saturn. Parashara and
the
> other enlightened sages drew the line at Saturn because that was
the
> beginning of major influences on human karma, not because they were
> unaware of other bodies.

Do we have evidence they were aware of other heavenly bodies? It
seems a bit "convenient" they drew the line just before objects
become invisible to the naked eye.

Given that any field will radiate outwards losing power to the
inverse square of the distance travelled (or something), my karma
reflecting from a bus passing by on the road would have a much more
massive effect on my life than Jupiter ever could, does karma obey
different laws?

  but because the universe is not
> structured for suffering, but for the expansion of happiness, and
> therefore yagyas are available to lessen unhappy impacts on one's
> life due to returning bad karma.

I can't see how the universe is structured for fulfilling any human
concepts at all but my question would be, how does a yagya find it's
way to the recipient? There are six billion+ people on earth, is a
few minutes of chanting in India really going to effect my life? I
doubt it, which is why I've never known anyone get anything out of
yagyas, exvept a bit of a placebo effect of course but certainly not
what they paid all that money for.

And lastly, has anyone ever published a controlled study of yagyas
and their effects? Were the results better than a placebo?