on 5/10/06 12:55 AM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> "Are any of the 5+ women that you cite claiming that he took
>> advantage of them, abused them in any way, or did things to them
>> against their will?"
>>
>> Doesn't that seem like a pretty low bar for a spiritual master?
>

> If all the accusations that Rick has reproduced are true, it would be
> a great disappointment.
>
> But I always ask the question: how would the expose of MMY alleged
> sexual pecadillos affect the practise of my TM?
>
> And the answer is: nada.  It should work regardless of the failings or
> successes of any man, including a guru (who is not my guru, anyway).

Agreed. And that was my attitude as a new meditator when friends chided me
about MMY's "Rolls Royces" and the Beatles' defection. I said, I don't know
or care about that, but I love this meditation. I still say that. And I'm
still very grateful for MMY's blessings on my life. But I like the
unvarnished truth. I find it liberating. So when I became convinced of this
Sexy Sadie stuff, I naturally began to ponder its implications, often in
this forum.