--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
> <marwincornyarmand@>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I have been working with women that has been abused. And I have
> no
> > > doubt that a sexual relationship between the Guru/Maharishi and
> > > devotee, is abuse. The feelings of love that we had for MMY
> (both
> > > men and women), the power of his charisma, made these women to
> > > victims. snip>
>
> It can be difficult for men to understand how a woman feels when an
> unwanted person expresses sexual interest in her.  What can help
> men "get it" is to think of how it would feel to all you
> heterosexual guys to have another man come on to you, touch you, etc
> etc.  IN addition, there is the huge issue of abuse of power.
> Imagine your male guru or mentor doing it, using you.
>
> feste37 wrote:
> > How do you know what happened? Were you there? You talk
> about "abuse"
> > and "victims" but you can't possibly know what actually went on,
> if anything.
> > Why are you so ready to assign blame for incidents you know so
> little about?
> >
> I think that based on reading the Files here and the FFL
> discussions, she believes these things happened.  In these
> situations there are never other people around...

I just think that to call these women "victims" is pathetic. They weren't victims
of anything. They were adult women who were free to do whatever they
wanted. They weren't coerced. And as far as abuse of power is concerned, it
seems to me that if these incidents did occur, it was the women who held the
power over the guru, not the other way round.