> On May 21, 2006, at 12:00 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:
>
> > Quantum mechanics, Unified State and Consciousness...this was all,
> > as far as I could tell, analogy.
>
> Good point. We had discussed this here before. A good friend of mine
> let me look over all his MIU course work which back then was all
> privately printed. They made it a point of drawing these connections
> extensively in the early coursework but then would state at the end
> these were analogies and that you could only take analogies so far.
>
> However eventually this was supplanted with the idea that
> consciousness *was* the unified field--and thus the infamous Hagelin
> article where he gave up his own expert view (that consciousness was
> *not* the unified field) for the insistence of his teacher that
> consciousness *was* the unified field of all the laws of nature. In
> other words he threw his own credibility out the window in order to
> stay close to M.

As I pointed out, Hagelin MADE HIS REPUTATION by tweaking Flipped SU(5) to be more in-
line with MMY's view. He may have had doubts before Flipped SU(5) but not after.

> > And I suppose analogy is fine when it comes to helping one
> > understand complex and abstract ideas, which Physics is full of. For
> > example, we've often heard the analogy of the two twins that leave
> > Earth at the same time in two separate spacecrafts, one travelling
> > at the speed of light and the other at a lesser speed and one comes
> > back older than the other.
> >
> > But I could never tell where the line was with MMY: was this all
> > just an analogy or was it describing the reality?
>
> See the above. Originally it was a provocative analogy, later it
> became the operating mythos.

Based on Hagelin's professional experience that led to him becoming a famous Physicist.

> In reality it is probably *prana* that is the unified field. Oops. Oh
> well, it was a good marketing spiel while it lasted...
>
> Interesting, in Nirukta, prana literally means "first unit of energy".

But the unified field isn't matter OR energy.