"So, if all this is extremely helpful and you haven't been involved in
TM in 15 years, what are you doing here? Participation here is a waste
of time for everyone, of course, but certainly for someone who outgrew
TM 15 years ago and has had great experiences since..."

I know this was not addressed to me.  But I do fit the description,
although I would not say I outgrew TM.  I let go of it as a conceptual
model.

This group discusses very abstract topics in a way that is
unconstrained by TM dogma. That makes it possible to actually discuss
topics in a human way that I think has a real value.  The questions
about human awareness and it's meaning are not restricted to
spiritually minded people.  Thoughtful people from all perspectives
think about this stuff, even humanists.  For me to learn new
perspectives takes going outside the group of people who already
thinks as I do.  Hanging out with people from other cultures can do
the same.

This opportunity is unique.