Yes American farming subsidies really hurt a lot of third world
countries.   In Jamaica dairy farmers have to dump milk because the
country is forced to take American subsidized milk.  There is a DVD
documentary on this very subject called "Life and Debt."   It was made
by the daughter of a former Jamaican President.   It not only spells out
the trouble with subsidies but what the IMF does to countries in debt.
The IMF has already warned the US about its debt.  In Argentina they
even seized 401Ks.