--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > You appear to be saying: "I want to let all of you know that I am a
> > living example that enlightenment can be achieved. Its different
> than
> > MMY's enlightenment, and I am not going to tell you anything about
> my
> > enlightenemnt or its attributes. But rest assured, it IS
> achievable."
> >

> As I said yesterday:

> "The Self in each of us recognizes the Self in another. We are
> conscious of this to one degree or another, whether our Self has
> been fully awakened to us, or not.
>
> This is how someone somewhat Awake will recognize another who is
> fully Awake, and vice versa."
>
> There it is in a nutshell. Believe it, call it BS, call it
> uninspiring, ignore it, do what ever you want with it, or not.
>
> And Yes, Enlightenment, Awakening, Self-Realization IS achievable by
> any one of us. In this lifetime.

Thats it!? That is your sole criteria and attribute? That someone else
who you think is enlightened says you are enlightened?

We clearly are opening a new page in the Attributes of Various
Enlighenment book. I have never heard of a tradition, or a spontaneous
new-age-advaita group claim such. No attributes of  Consciousness
knowing Itself, no witnessing sleep, no physiological refinement, no
better health, no improved behavior, no spontaneous abilities, etc.
Just mutual affirmations by two people desperately seeking enlightenment.

Sort of a Mutual Adoration Society of Enlightenment (MASE)

With Illusions. Illusionary Mutual Adoration Society of Enlightenment
(IMASE)

I have to commend you -- to me its both phenomenal and quite ballsy
that you claim such a mutual, possibly codependence, pact to be
enlightnement.

It raises questions. What if someone who you saw was enlightened and
who you saw you as enlightened, was later determined not to be
enlightened by a group who all saw each other as enlightened.
(Stranger things have happend ) What would that do to your enlightenment?