--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > What kind of negative or annoying side-effects, if
> > > any, are typical when one's trying to keep up brahmacarya?
> > >

> > I always had my best experiences during meditation when I went
> through
> > long periods of celibacy.  However, I came to the conclusion that
> it
> > is NOT compatible in our Western society and, indeed, can be
> dangerous
> > because around every corner is an advertisement or a TV show or a
> > woman dressed in such a way that it entices your energy to go
> down.
> > So why torture yourself?
> >

> I seem to recall one of Krishna's criteria for a true
> yogii/yoginii is that s/he is "jitendri-yaH/-yaa"
> (jita + indriya-). I guess that means that one has
> to have conquered the indriyas. I think johnson
> is one of the karmendriyas (karma + indriyas), so if one
>  is not able to spank the monkey, and so on.... :0

And I have seen Urdhva-retas (sp)  mentioned on for accomplished (aka
awakened) yogis-- "energy always flowing upwards". I suspect that
accomplished yogis can keep the energy always flowing upwards while
having sex. Something students can't do. Thus the recommendation /
stipulation of celibacy for students.

The article(s) on Muktananda provided some fuel for speculation in
this direction -- that is, yogi sex is not what most people think of
as sex. That is, he had sex with a flacid penis.

And accomplished tantrics appear to be able to do special, unusual and
"fantastic" things with energy during sex -- which may not involve
energy release or downward flow.