> > > Some laws are beyond acceptance. However, one most face
> > > the consequences if one breaks them.
> >
> > Just as those who just wait for them to change must
> > face the consequences of that action. Maharishi's
> > advice is the kind of thing that keeps tyrants in
> > power.
> >

> Only if you assume that the Maharishi Effect has no effet...
>
> How is MMY's advice any different than Jesus' advice to "turn the
other cheek" and "render
> unto Caesar what is Caesars?"

An observation regarding the overall thread, not any specific post.

I heard M say that if a nation is to be strong and progressive,
citizens must follow its leaders' plans and initiatives. Coherent
beams of light and all. Lots of resistance results in no progress. To
make his point clear, he said that even if the devil himself is your
leader, follow him faithfully, even if he takes you towards hell. Its
in such steps that progress is made. (Pendulums swinging and all...).