> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
wrote:

> > But let's say this classification is true with some
> > modification. The modification would be that any
> > specific individual of any race could have any of the
> > guna characteristics delineated by Bob. I've met some
> > very sattvic Black people and some very tamasic White
> > people. So perhaps as a group measure what Bob says is
> > true, but you will find that the within group
> > differences are greater than the between group
> > differences. So this classification can facilitate
> > nothing other than racism because it has no practical
> > application, does it? Since there is no such thing as
> > a "group" as a coherent interactive entity, it simply
> > reifies an abstract category.
>
> Not to mention that the concept of "race" is extremely
> fuzzy to start with in any practical sense.

"Any practical sense"?

You yourself, Billie, advocate a form of racism in a VERY real and
practical sense: you advocate affirmative action.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with the concpet of affirmative
action it is, undisputably, a form of discrimination based upon
race.  Of course, it is a form of discrimination that metes out
special privilege or benefit but it is nevertheless discrimination
and, as such, is a race concept.

So there's nothing "fuzzy" about it.