<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thoughtful post.  I need to read it a few more times to let more of
> it sink in. I hope to post more tonight.  Here are a few thoughts.

Ditto here.  For now, one important clarification:

<snip>
> I don't believe I am being reactive in rejecting the TM model.  If I
> understand you correctly, you are wondering if I threw out the baby
> with the bath in rejecting TM?  Rejecting a valuable part of
> consciousness expansion just because I left the movement?  Is that
> what you mean?

Not rejecting TM specifically, but the notion I've
been calling "container development" in general, i.e.,
you didn't move on to another spiritual path, you
decided to stick with secular and concern yourself
only with contents.  Among the folks here, you're
unusual in that respect, I think.

Again, my experience is that expanding the container
enhances all the types of things you talk about with
regard to contents, beyond what I could manage if I
were dealing *only* with the contents.

More later...