authfriend wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Thanks. I was thinking they might try because the sociological
>>studies on the 1% effect use metodologies that might be used.  It
>>seems like an area for statistical analysis.
>>

>They'd have to be statistical, but statistics for
>what?  The ME studies used statistics on effects for
>very large populations--crime rate, international
>hostilities, and so on--whereas the purported effects
>of Vastu and Yagyas and Jyotish are on individuals.
>
>I think they'd have to be done more along the lines
>of the standard studies on the effects of TM--better
>relationships, greater creativity, less anxiety, etc.
>etc.--but again, the great number of potential variables
>is a problem.  Even the independent variable (I think
>it's called--i.e., the "technique" itself) varies.
>Everybody does TM the same way, but every Vastu home
>is different, for example.
>

>>I guess by the time someone is
>>buying a yagya that kind of proof is not relevant, and the general
>>public wont get into it without TM anyway.  So who would care about
>>studies?  I may be the only one!
>>

>Oh, I dunno, if it were possible to do convincing
>scientific studies you might get some in the general
>public to give yagyas a shot.
>
>Come to think of it, have there been studies on
>Feng Shui?  You said in another post the Hong
>Kong housing market is heavily influenced by
>Feng Shui.  Is that just because it's a cultural
>tradition, or is there some evidence that it
>works?

Doesn't Maharishi Vastu (or whatever its called) use remedials?  I
mentioned to my guru all the cheap houses that were for sale because
they weren't vastu compliant in Fairfield when I visited there and he
said there are remedials for that if you can't remodel the house or move
to a better property.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM