--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > On Jun 8, 2006, at 7:57 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Gotta chuckle at your friend's naivete. IE has
> > > long been known as the *least* standards-compliant
> > > browser on the market. Microsoft seems to believe
> > > that if they do it, that constitutes a 'standard.'
> >
> > All I know is when something doesn't work in Firefox, which
> > occasionally happens, if I go to MSIE, it always has worked.
> > Not sure why, it may be it handles *badly* written code better
> > and Firefox is too standards compliant.
>
> I think the problem is that a lot of websites are created using
> Microsoft FrontPage, which creates proprietary, standards
> non-compliant HTML that will only display correctly in IE.

Not to mention generating ugly-ass code and
requiring components on the server side. Icky
piece of WSYIWYG software. If you want to see
how it should have been done, check out Adobe
GoLive. Writes clean code, and has built-in
emulators to show you how your page would look
on the most common browsers and, when it doesn't
work on one of them, auto-fix it.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM