sparaig wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Vaj wrote:

>>>All I know is when something doesn't work in Firefox, which
>>>occasionally happens, if I go to MSIE, it always has worked. Not sure
>>>why, it may be it handles *badly* written code better and Firefox is
>>>too standards compliant. in any event these people on the test team
>>>are far from naive, quite the opposite, he actually has switched to a
>>>Mac at home, builds his own PC's and uses Firefox! A Bay area
>>>developer just snagged him in any event.
>>>

>>I have heard from some engineers that Firefox still has some memory
>>leaks in it that haven't been fixed.  That's why I occasionally get the
>>Linux equivalent of a crash window with the ability to send Mozilla a
>>bug report.  I just got tired of this hole and that hole being found in
>>IE and of course wanted to dump the whole virus and trojan thing
>>altogether and primarily use Linux for email and web browsing.  There's
>>no IE for Linux, of course. :)
>>

>The biggest security problem with Windows is the fact that a good portion of
>IE libraries
>are actually kernel-level WIndows libraries. This means that any security
>problem for IE
>affects ANY application that might be connected to the internet in some
>fashion, even if IE
>itself is never started up. Windows itself uses IE libraries, BTW...

As a technical director for a software company in the 1990s I was
invited to a number of Microsoft seminars and actually I raised the idea
of being able to use a library interface to contact the Internet so the
user wouldn't have to go to  IE or have it pop up and break the
immersion of the interface.  It also does away with a lot of
implementation problems for the developer as well as support problems.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM