On Jun 10, 2006, at 3:26 PM, new_morning_blank_slate wrote:

You have quite missed the point about magical thinking.  And about

subjective science.

I'm merely replying to your brief remarks and less all this other stuff, which honestly simply does not interest me in the least.

My points on magical thinking should stand on their own.

In this discussion no one is suggesting that they or others don't or

can't have experiences that are not currently measured or modeled by

objective science -- a such as your "conventional valid  cognition of

pure sublime vision, valid cognition of the *conceptual*  ultimate

reality or valid cognition of the *nonconceptual* ultimate  reality"

-- which while not well defined,

They are actually well defined if we wanted to go there, but there's probably little interest here since the emphasis seems on academic philosophical opinions.

in total carves out a sense of what

your point is. Nor is it suggested that the experience and

"description" of such is magical thinking.

Per Kurtz's use of the term, "Magical thinking, whether involved with

supernatural or paranormal beliefs, requires two preconditions. The

first is an actual ignorance of the natural causes of events in

question, and the second is the assumption that, in the absence of an

obvious natural cause, there must be an unknown and un-natural cause.

Unfortunately I have little interest in Kurtz or what he has to say. Perhaps others do.