[...]
> Not that any of these are really discrete "points";
> it's just a matter of focusing somewhere on the
> continuum and taking a snapshot, as it were, and
> then identifying the types of experiences that show
> up in the snapshot.  Not that the experiences are
> discrete, either...it's sort of like taxonomy, where
> the lines between species can be quite blurred; we
> impose the system that distinguishes them for our
> own convenience.

I suspect that these "points" aren't really that arbitrary from a physiological
point of view
(if they're really major "states of consciousness" this MUST be the case in
some measurable
sense). Different parts of the brain are involved with different modes of our
life. CC
apparently primarily involves  PC within the frontal lobes of the brain. GC, I
would guess,
involves furher integration with the more emotional mid-brain while UC/BC
involves
integration with the perceptual centers at the back.

This also explains the "order" thing. Integration of the front and back
[probably] can't
happen without the middle being integrated first or at least, simultaneously.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM