> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "matrixmonitor"
> > <matrixmonitor@> wrote:
> > >
> > > ---I disagree with this on the basis of my observations of
> > > various Gurus. Some probably E'd people (say HWL Poonja) are
> > > or have a. been keeping their Sidhis secret yet have them,
> > > or b. don't have them. c. a third possibility is that they
> > > are not E'd. <snip>
> >
> > So the best solution to answer your question is for you to fully
> > realize Enlightenment, waking, dreaming and sleeping. Then you
will
> > know beyond any doubt.
>
> While that would be the most pleasant 'solution,' :-)
> IMO it would offer no more conclusive an 'answer' to
> the 'question' of whether all enlightened beings display
> the siddhis than anything else. His experience of
> enlightenment will be his, and unlike anyone else's,
> including yours.
>
> To claim that all enlightened beings have knowledge
> of and can perform the siddhis simply shows that the
> person claiming that hasn't read very much of the
> literature of enlighenment and the biographies of
> those who have realized their own enlightenment. Some
> enlightened beings were interested in siddhis and thus
> developed them; other weren't. Simple as that. It's
> really an apples and oranges situation in my opinion
> and in my experiice. Siddhis have nothing whatsoever
> to do with enlightenment and vice-versa.

Yeah, agreed- the experience of enlightenment for me has been
unmistakable, very much like passing through a doorway into another
realm, changing my life forever, leading to an entirely different
way of learning.

And although I picked up certain abilities over time that are
uncommon, I saw them more as abilities picked up along the way,
correlaries to a continued refinement of me, vs. something to trot
out as proof of anything.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM