"Of course your MEST (Material) body is always an effect; anybody can
come along, kick it, boot it, run over it, play things at it, do
anything to it....

"Your body will always be an effect, and there is no reason for you
to go on through life going and winding this riddle round and round
and round on 'Am I cause or am I an effect? Or am I an effect or am I
a cause? Because if I step on a nail I hurt; therefore I am an
effect. Therefore, I could never be completely at cause, because if I
step on a nail, why, then I hurt and that automatically makes me an
effect.'

"You better locate that part of you which is always cause and then
recognize that you are that part. And that's very simple -- very,
very simple.

"Right here on the middle of your 'youness' is an imperishable,
completely indestructible motion source. It is a motion source which
itself has no motion. That is your inheritance as part of divine
beingness. That is it, and don't think that is a small part of you or
merely a part of you, because it's not. That's you. You have
immortality in that part of you which is you; that is immortal....

"... geographically you aren't anyplace; you aren't anyplace. But if
you're alive, if you breathe (and some people do), if your heart
beats, or even if you're out of your body living comfortably without
these mechanical motions distracting you all the time, you have a
point of beingness and you are that beingness. And that is very
important. This is the point from which you emanate. And beingness,
in this regard and to this degree, has to be tracked down, because
that beingness is cause.  And it is the one single cause and the rest
is effect." -- LRH, From Decision: Cause and Effect, recorded lecture
of 20 May 1952, from The Route to Infinity series, English tape
transcript pages 52-53.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM