On Jun 14, 2006, at 3:20 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

Good points. This one interested me the most:

"rather by recognizing that mysticism is completely

beyond science."

It is beyond the scientific method in its focus and range, but I

think Sam Harris would claim that when it talks about how the

world "is" mysticism enters the field where logic does apply.  You

mentioned that Schroedinger is a physicist, a world class one at

that from what I understand.  But Physics is a field driven by math

skills and I don't think that gives him a leg up on this kind of

discussion over say...you or Chopra. It is all speculation about

life. He leaves his credibility in his own field far behind on these

topics.  Because you have gained something from it, I will spend

some more time thinking about it.

Curtis you might enjoy the following brief talk with Ken Wilber where he answers the question "does quantum physics prove god?" where he rather elegantly explains that the quantum state is not unmanifest spirit/brahman/the tao/PC. Interesting talk. Not so interesting for the TM quantum mysticism, but rather embarrassing. I think by extension you could conclude that a mysticism based on Quantum physics is pretty bad mysticism...

It's on page two: