--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "matrixmonitor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
>  I'm also planning on presenting some summaries of other recent
> articles, from New Scientist and Scientific American; that tend to
> support a basis for a "New, New, Physics" as opposed to the "New
> Physics" propounded by MMY and a few other people during the 70's.
> (specifically, such persons equated "Being" with some QM entity). This
> attempt at equating the Unmanifest with something within the realm of
> science, bombed; as we know; and such persons could have saved
> themselves the trouble of promoting that false identity if they had
> only paid more attention to the writings of the original quantum
> pioneers such as Schroedinager, Bohr, Heisenberg, and DeBroglie. The
> original pioneers already were aware of the possibility of equating
> some QM "entity" (a field?) to the Unmanifest, but the notion was
> rejected on the grounds that any such QM entity discovered so far is
> strictly a relative phenomenon. OTOH, some QM principles may "point"
> to the Unmanifest in some analogous way; but one must be careful about
> proclaiming an actual identity when none is there.  There's always the
> danger that noble intentions can cross the boundary into "Ignoble"
> science, as Dr. Hagelin found out.(1994).

Dr. Hagelin's Ig Noble award came for his Maharishi Effect research, and was
awarded
BEFORE the research was published, BTW, so it was based on media accounts and
not the
actual published study (whether this would make a difference to skeptics or not
is
immaterial --the research wasn't published at that point and shouldn't have
been eligible
in the first place).

And its not "a field" that is considered "the Unmanifest" but "The" Unified
Field. You've
read Hagelin's paper "Is Consciousness the Unified Field?" and can refute it, I
take it?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lik1AB/fOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM