I spent some time with this myself.  Here is how I see it.  Start with
all dupes.  No genuine wittinesses is the standard in  large scale TV
magic and infomercials.  Notice that you don't see the person's face
clearly that he picks second as she walks to the table( picking her
after the first person is "too short" increases the illusion that it
is a random choice).  After she lays down the switch is made with a
double amp (think Heather Mills squared) on top and the bottom lady
hidden by the magic table.  (remember it only looks like a public
area, everything you see is provided by a magician with TV money).
The camera angles tell it all.  Just enough info, but critical gaps
when needed most.  Fantastic TV magic!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/mDk17A/lOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM