Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Converting analog audio to digital
on 6/21/06 8:48 PM, Bhairitu at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Rick Archer wrote:

>It’s working like a charm. I just bought a simple mono audio cable at Radio
>Shack and connected the headphone jack on my cheap $9 Wal-Mart tape recorder
>to the mic jack on the front of my PC. Using Audacity and with a little
>fiddling with the volume, it was easy to record, edit, and save as MP3s.
>Question: I can’t hear what’s being recorded as it’s being recorded. I have
>to play it back to hear what I’ve got. How can I hear as I’m recording?

You should be able to monitor the mic input.  On your PC open
Start->Entertainment->Volume Control make sure the settings are right.
Also check the Preferences in Audacity.

got it. Using the line in jack instead of the microphone jack and tweaking a few preferences did the trick. __._,_.___