> TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> >--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <jyouells@> wrote:
> >

> >>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "uns_tressor" <uns_tressor@>

> >>He was just projecting...
> >>

> >Actually, he was doing what spiritual teachers have
> >done for eons when the predicted results of their
> >teachings don't work out as quite promised. That
> >is, he was trying to create a sense of 'group
> >identity' based on paranoia -- us vs. them -- to
> >replace the sense of group identity that would have
> >developed naturally if people had been realizing
> >enlightenment as predicted, or even having strong
> >and consistent spiritual experiences.
> >
> >You see it in many spiritual trips, especially
> >around the 'seven-year mark' of the tradition's
> >popularity. It's that point at which people start
> >to wonder whether it's all been worth it for them.
> >If a lot of them are starting to realize that the
> >'payoff' isn't quite what was promised, one of the
> >first tricks trotted out by the spiritual teachers
> >is the 'us vs. them' thang. Works every time, too,
> >because it appeals to the part of every seeker
> >that wants to feel important, snd worthy of
> >persecution.
> >
> Given the lame-brain country that the US is post 9-11 with the Bushistas
> in power one wouldn't be surprised if the NSA, Homeland Security and CIA
> are interested in MMY's "World Government."  Given that a friend with OM
> painted on the tale of his plane got questioned by the FBI about "the
> Arabic symbol" and another friend got pulled out of line by the TSA at
> airport because he had an "OM" tattoo shows you how cultureless and
> ignorant these agents are.   I noted that when I picked up my friend at
> the airport that sitting nearby were a cluster of TSA kids quizzing each
> other on procedures.   If they hadn't been working there they would be
> serving you burgers at McDonalds.  They want 'em dumb I think.  A better
> educated government agency would see something like MMY's "World
> Government" a joke with little need for attention unless the "World
> Government" decides it need an army with weapons.

A foreign  friend claims he's been monnitored many times because he's a foreign
national
who follows a politically unpopular religion in his home country. The fact that
its a
"radical" Buddhist sect with a name sorta like the terrorist sect's is probably
part of the
problem.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM