> In a message dated 6/25/06 8:56:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Of  course, he *did* let the inspectors in. Bush
> pulled them out even  though--or actually, because--
> they weren't finding any WMD, making  nonsense of
> his excuse for the invasion.
>
> Bush has said several times  publicly that Saddam
> wouldn't let in the inspectors, which is  manifestly
> untrue. Has he been lying blatantly about something
> that's  clearly on the public record, or is he just
> so unaware of what went on that  he really *believes*
> what he says?

> Judy as I recall, Saddam would let in the  inspectors  from time to
> time but every time he did, he threw every obstacle he could in
> the  way of the inspectors while doing their jobs, making it
> difficult if not  impossible to do. Blix and others often
> complained of having to wait outside of  a building they wanted to
> inspect for hours and hours while Saddam's people  moved things out
> of another side of the building. Also numerous road blocks and
> accidents were staged to prevent the inspectors from getting to
> their announced  destination in timely matter. Saddam was letting
> in inspectors, but there  was no cooperation once they began their
> jobs.

He didn't make it easy for them, but they *were* getting
the job done nevertheless.  And Saddam was not the only
party getting in their way--the Bush administration did
everything it could to sabotage the inspectors and
denigrate their work.

They were in Iraq, doing their job, right up until Bush
pulled them out so he could invade.  They were *furious*.

For Bush to say Saddam wouldn't let them in is simply a lie.