---To JIM and other Fairfield "Lifers" (funny - when I was in the
Army in 1968 the term "Lifer" was the most derogatory name one could
think of).  At any rate, in answer to your question, Jim, as to where
Vaj got such weird notions, his source is his Guru, Chogyal Namkhai
Norbu.  I have his recent book in which Norbu discusses these same
topics (not mentioning TM specifically, but rather silent sitting
meditation, which he calls "dualist".).  OTOH Norbu's techniques are
equally if not more dualist on the surface, for example:  he promotes
the Song of Vajra, sung or listened to while the aspirant is dancing
on a mandala.  Norbu claims to have received this as a "terma"
(secret knowledge transmitted from bygone Sages). What Norbu
overlooks is the physiological component to Enlightenment. Basically,
when the body attains a state of restful alertness, it gets closer to
Unity.  We can turn the tables on Vaj.  Norbu's Vajra song and dance
disallows the body/mind from diving deeper into a physiological state
conducive toward Transcendence.
  Don't get me wrong.  Norbu is one of my Gurus.  I'm a Buddhist, but
he has NOTHING that can compare to TM!. I will be quoting selected
passages from the works of Norbu.