On Jun 30, 2006, at 10:28 AM, gerbal88 wrote:

And the 'sidhi' stuff? He had no idea, literally. He sent people to

India to find yogis; he got obscure translations, he fiddled and

fumed and tinkered ... but what worked best was the cooing, get 'em

all spacey and suggest hopping. How simple; he'd always known that

people would pay him for what they expected to get in return and that

he never had any trouble convincing them it was their fault it wasn't

working. He still bitches about too much negativity, too little work

being done by others, yadda, yadda.

There was actually a very prominent yogi and scholar (Hariharananda) who at that time who had reconstructed  the entire school of samkhya which the yoga sutras come from and the yoga sutras themselves. He knew all the commentaries and techniques. This school is still in existence even after the founders death. His comments and translations, it's my understanding, were seminal in manufacturing the TM-Sidhi program. The YS pundit I studied under often referred to Hariharananda's own commentaries which were indispensible for grokking the YS in this day and time, as they are experientially very, very clear.