Thanks to Barry for recommennding "The Advocate" and whomever
recommended "God and Buddha".

I enjoyed "The Advocate": well acted, great script and story and, of
course, it had that soft-core porn element that characterized alot
of '70s films but didn't expect here.

My big complaint about the movie didn't have to do with the movie
but with some stupidity that the executive producers -- Miramax --
were responsible for (and I am otherwise a BIG fan of the
Weinstein's): at the beginning of the movie was a printed notice
that basically said: Critics, please refrain from revealing the
surprise ending to this movie.

Well, I spent the whole movie wondering what little secret I should
be looking out for and, quite frankly, I lost my innocence in
watching and it somewhat ruined the movie for me.

"God and Buddha" is really quite fine.  My admiration for Deepak
Chopra was renewed as a result of seeing it.  As he himself once
observed about himself: He has the gift of the gab.  He is, simply,
a great communicator...a faculty for explaining in a melodic and
soothing way abstract concepts in an interesting and educational way.

Of course, virtually 90% of what he says comes from Maharishi.  This
is not a put-down, but an observation.  I just find it curious that
he uses MMY's exact phrasing of things.  He is basically a celebrity
TM teacher without the TM.